Let’s make one of the easiest and best snacks ever. Easy vegan stuffed dates! Filled with herb-loaded vegan feta, they are just delicious. While there are so many amazing things you can fill dates with, vegan feta and herbs are definitely some of my favourites.
The contrast in flavours makes them so delicious! The dates are sweet and have a bite to them, while the feta cheese is creamy and soft and almost explodes in your mouth when biting into the date. The walnut gives a satisfying crunch and flavour that pairs amazingly with dates. The sweetness from the date goes well with the light spiciness of black pepper and fresh garlic in the vegan feta cheese. The flat-leaf parsley rounds everything off. These dates only take a few minutes to prepare, and they are insanely satisfying to eat. I like to serve them as part of a meze or to snack on them just like they are. Their taste won’t get boring.
Ingredients you need to make vegan feta stuffed dates:
- Medjool dates
- Vegan feta substitute
- Salt & pepper
You can try other sorts of dates as well for this recipe. I like to use Medjool dates. They work perfectly because of their size, texture, and sweetness!
As a vegan feta substitute, I am using a store-bought one from VioLife. It is convenient and works great for this recipe. If you cannot get your hands on it, you can also try other brands. I will share my own recipe for how to make vegan feta cheese sometime in the future! When you have these ingredients on hand, let’s dive into the stuffed date recipe!
How to make vegan stuffed dates:
It’s so easy. Let’s get our dates, give them a slice lengthwise, and take their seeds out.
Next, we want to prepare our vegan cheese filling. Put your vegan feta cheese substitute into a bowl, and add the garlic to it. We want the garlic to be as fine as possible. I would recommend using a garlic press or a grate for it, so its flavour infuses the vegan feta cheese nicely. Next, wash the parsley, and strip down its leaves. Cut the leaves finely, and add them to the vegan feta cheese substitute. Add some salt and pepper.
Now, I like to add a sip of water (approximately two tablespoons) and mix the ingredients to create a creamy paste. You can continue adding tablespoons of water to make the filling creamier if needed.
Stuff the dates with the delicious creamy feta paste. I like to be generous when doing this!
Once you have stuffed the dates, top them with walnut. And that’s all there is to it, except digging in and enjoying this delicious snack!
Other recipe inspirations:
If you want to have these vegan feta-filled dates with some other Levantine dishes, I can recommend a few! They make a great complement to your meze platter!
- This creamy baba ganoush is just too good.
- Have the dates with some delicious creamy hummus
- This muhammara is deliciously sweet and spicy!
- You will love this roasted fig couscous salad.
- Fattoush is such a delicious salad!
- Cashew cream cheese makes a fantastic cheese substitute
Some more snacks you could enjoy:
- This vegan schmalzgebäck is a classic during the Christmas season in Germany. It’s a delicious fried puff pastry.
Vegan stuffed datesCourse: Snacks, Meze, DessertCuisine: Levantine, VeganDifficulty: Easy
¼ bunch parsley
12 Medjool dates
12 pieces of walnut
70g vegan feta cheese substitute
Salt & Pepper to season
- Slice the dates lengthwise, and take their seeds out.
- Put your vegan feta cheese substitute into a bowl, and add the garlic to it. Use a garlic press or a grate so the flavour infuses the vegan feta cheese nicely. Next, wash the parsley, and strip down its leaves. Cut the leaves finely, and add them to the vegan feta cheese substitute. Add some salt and pepper too.
- Add a sip of water (approximately two tablespoons) and mix the ingredients to create a creamy paste. You can continue adding tablespoons of water to make the filling creamier if needed.
- Stuff the dates with the delicious creamy feta paste. Be generous when doing this. Top each date with some walnut, and enjoy!