Today, we are making one of the best creations ever: A tasty, creamy guacamole. This fantastic avocado dip is the perfect addition to so many things. No matter if you eat it on your bread, with tacos, burritos, nachos or this amazing vegan chicken quesadilla, it is delightful with every one of these dishes. A delicious guacamole is super easy and quick to make, and I wouldn’t want to miss its taste. Let’s see how to make it.
What is Guacamole:
Guacamole is an avocado-based dip originally from Mexico, where avocados have been cultivated for thousands of years. Today, guacamole is enjoying vast international popularity. In recent decades, guacamole has been hyped all around the world. And that is for a good reason: The avocado dip tastes fantastic. Furthermore, avocados are a healthy food, being a great source of mono-saturated fatty acids and many vitamins and minerals. Guacamole deserves its popularity, so make sure to give it a try!
Ingredients for Delicious Guacamole:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lime juice
- Chilli Flakes
- Crushed garlic
- Olive oil
Traditionally, you only need fresh, ripe avocados and salt. While this simple guacamole tastes fantastic, other additions take the dish to the next level. Numerous other ingredients have found their way into guacamole, making it the delicious dip everybody knows and loves today. I have found my favourite way of making guac, featuring sweet cherry tomatoes, cilantro, fresh lime juice, chilli flakes, shallot, crushed garlic, cumin, and a touch of olive oil. While this may sound like many ingredients, I recommend trying it out. In my humble opinion, it’s the most delicious guacamole ever.
How to spot a Ripe Avocado:
No matter how many spices and other ingredients you put into the guac, it all stands and falls with the quality of your avocados. To make perfect creamy guacamole, you need ripe and soft avocados. There is a simple and efficient trick to find ripe avocados: Gently feel the avocado. If the avocado is already nicely soft, gently press against the spot where the avocado was attached to the stem. In case it’s easy to press into this spot, the avocado is likely not good anymore. If your avocados are too firm, let them rip in a warm spot in your home or the sun. The avocado will turn nice and soft in just a couple of days, and for a perfect guacamole, it’s worth the wait!
How to make Delicious Guacamole:
Now that we have the guac ingredients sorted, let’s combine them into a delightful avocado dip. Firstly, wash all ingredients thoroughly and pat them dry. Get a clean bowl ready, and it’s time to get cutting. Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Then, I like to scrap the flesh with a fork, already breaking the avocado into chunks. After transferring the avocado to the bowl, I dice the tomatoes and shallots into fine pieces. After adding these to the bowl too, I squeeze a small clove of garlic through a garlic press and add the raw garlic. Next, separate the leaves from the cilantro, and chop the leaves into fine bits.
For seasoning, I add a few pinches of salt, chilli flakes to personal preference, ⅓ tsp of cumin, the juice of a lime, and a touch of olive oil. I then mash everything together with a fork. For my homemade guacamole, I like to keep it a bit chunky!
Will this Guacamole keep Fresh:
Guacamole is best enjoyed when nice and fresh. The avocados also turn brown after being exposed to air for a while. If you want to store the guacamole, it keeps fresh best if you store it in an air-tight container. Furthermore, a protective squeeze of lemon juice over the top of your guacamole will prevent the browning. Luckily, it is so delicious that I rarely have the problem of having guacamole left.
More Recipe Inspirations:
If you look for ideas on what to do with this delicious guacamole instead of snacking it right away, I have some special recommendations:
- Have it as a dip for these mushroom-based vegan quesadillas!
- Another classic is salsa. Have you seen this roasted sweet-pepper salsa? It’s amazing!
- These vegan fusion tacos will blow your mind.
- Pulled jackfruit burritos are fantastic.
Are you all about dips and spreads? Then give these Levantine classics a look.
- This smooth and simple hummus will satisfy you.
- A creamy and flavourful baba ganoush makes the perfect dip!
- Sweet spicey Muhammara is fantastic.
How To Make Delicious GuacamoleCourse: Side, SnackCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
4 cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic
½ bunch cilantro
⅓ tbs cumin
2 pinches of salt
1 sip of olive oil
Optional: Chilli Flakes
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly and pat them dry. Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scrap the flesh with a fork, already breaking the avocado into chunks, and transfer to a bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes and shallots into fine pieces. Squeeze a small clove of garlic through a garlic press and add the raw garlic. Next, separate the leaves from the cilantro, and chop the leaves into fine bits. Add all ingredients to the avocado.
- For seasoning, add a few pinches of salt, chilli flakes to personal preference, ⅓ tsp of cumin, the juice of a lime, and a touch of olive oil. Mash everything together with a fork. For homemade guacamole, I like to keep it a bit chunky!