Recently, I shared this recipe on how to make a plant-based fish substitute. While this carrot-based salmon alternative is tasty, it’s not something I eat on its own, but I like to make other dishes with it. For example, you can bring vegan sushi to a new level. Usually, though, I like to use it as a topping for sandwiches or bread. So today, I thought I’d share the go-to bread that I love to make when having some of that fish substitute on hand. Let me present to you: The delightful vegan avocado-salmon toast. It’s super quick to assemble and a fantastic snack!
Ingredients for Vegan Salmon Avocado Toast:
- Bread of choice
- Vegan fish substitute
- Soy yoghurt
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt
- Black pepper
First, you need to have some of this fish substitute on hand. Follow the link to see the instructions on how to make it. Aside from that, a ripe avocado, capers, and soy yoghurt are key ingredients. For some reason, this flavour combination, especially with the capers, is just amazing. Additional toppings I like to use are dill, olive oil, lemon juice, flaky sea salt, and cracked black pepper. And that’s it. Not much is needed, and once the ingredients are on hand, the toast can be prepared in 10 minutes.
Assembling the Avocado Toast:
This dish is as simple as it is quick to make: Cut the avocado in half, mash it with a fork and spread it as a thick layer on your bread. Take a spoonful of the soy yoghurt, and spread it on top. Next, grab a few slices of your vegan fish alternative, and layer it over the yoghurt. Take the capers, and spread them evenly over the bread. Finish the toast with a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper, a few drops of olive oil, and dill. Let me know what you think of this vegan salmon avocado toast, and enjoy!
Some more recipe inspirations:
- Do you like some more bread with amazing toppings? Check out this fantastic bruschetta with porcini mushrooms!
- This roasted pepper crostini makes a fantastic starter.
- Try enhancing your regular avocado toast with olive oil, za’atar and pickles
- This fresh tomato apple bruschetta is delicious too!
Vegan Salmon Avocado Bread:Course: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
50g vegan salmon (Follow link in the notes for the recipe)
2 thick slices sturdy bread
1 ripe avocado
2 tbsp soy yoghurt
2 tsp capers
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil
1 pinch salt & pepper
- Cut the avocado in half, mash it with a fork and spread it as a thick layer on your bread.
- Take a spoonful of the soy yoghurt, and spread it on top.
- Grab a few slices of your vegan fish alternative, and layer it over the yoghurt.
- Take the capers, and spread them evenly over the bread.
- Finish the bread with a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper, a few drops of olive oil, and dill.
- Recipe for the vegan fish substitute: http://letsgotomato.com/tasty-vegan-fish-alternative/