Are you looking for a delicious vegan topping for your desserts? Look no further. This vegan coconut vanilla cream is as rich and creamy as it is tasty. Also, it is super easy and quick to make. Being best prepared fresh, this creamy sweet topping takes dishes such as this fantastic caramelised apple french toast to the next level.
Ingredients for making plant-based vanilla coconut vanilla cream:
The basis of this cream is coconut milk. Coconut milk works great as it is naturally rich in flavour and has a creamy consistency. The outcome of this vegan coconut cream will depend on what kind of coconut milk you use, so you may need to try which brand in your region produces the best results. Most importantly, you want to use full-fat coconut milk, as the fat content is critical to achieving a creamy consistency. Secondly, you will need powdered sugar to introduce sweetness to the cream. The vanilla flavour pairs amazingly with the coconut. You can use a vanilla bean for this, but vanilla extract will give you an amazing flavour too. Lastly, you will need a pinch of salt to round the dish off and to enhance the sweetness.
How to make vegan coconut cream
There are a few things to mind to get the creamiest cream possible. As you want the high-fat content of coconut milk, it is essential to chill it before use. Doing so will allow the liquid and the cream to separate and harden. Therefore, I’d recommend placing your canned coconut milk in the fridge a day before you intend to make the coconut cream. To get the creamiest consistency, you should make this dish as close to when you want to eat it, and keep the ingredients and equipment as cool as possible. So, also chill your mixing bowl in the fridge before assembling the dish.
Open your can of coconut milk, and use a spoon to scoop out the hardened coconut cream. Add the cream to your chilled bowl. Do not dispose of the left liquid yet, as you might want to add some of it to thin the cream, should it turn out too thick. Take your powdered sugar, and shake it through a sieve to break up any lumps. Add your choice of vanilla flavour and a pinch of salt.
Now, whip the cream until reaching a uniform, smooth consistency. Keep the vegan vanilla coconut cream chilled and use it as quickly as possible. Enjoy!
- This coconut cream makes a fantastic topping for desserts such as this amazing french toast, or these german baked apples.
- You can also snack it with fresh fruits!
Vegan Coconut Vanilla CreamCourse: Dessert, ToppingDifficulty: Easy
1 can of full-fat coconut milk
40g powdered sugar
1 vanilla bean/vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
- Have your canned coconut milk chilled so the fatty cream hardens and separates from the liquid. Placing it in the fridge overnight before making the recipe works well.
- Use chilled equipment to get the creamiest outcome. Place your mixing bowl in the fridge as well before assembling the dish.
- Open your can of coconut milk, and use a spoon to scoop out the hardened coconut cream. Add the cream to your chilled bowl. Do not dispose of the left liquid yet, as you might want to add some of it to thin the cream, should it turn out too thick.
- Take your powdered sugar, and shake it through a sieve to break up any lumps. Add your choice of vanilla flavour and a pinch of salt.
- Now, whip the cream until reaching a uniform, smooth consistency. Keep the cream chilled and use it as quickly as possible.